Sustainable solutions for water treatment are critically important for the aquaculture industry. M Vest Water delivers solutions that meet tightening emission requirements.
Particle free water in RAS processes is crucial for the quality and growth of the fish. This impacts fish mortality and the welfare of the fish. Particles should continuously be removed from the RAS water, and M Vest Water delivers highly efficient particle removal systems comprising AFM®.
- Efficient removal of metals and organics by NORWAPOL process
- Substantially higher efficiency than conventional methods (aeration/filtration)
- CAPEX savings and reduced footprint
- Remove particles in AFM® filter media down to 4 micrometer
- Conventional sand filtration removes particles down to 20 micrometer
- No biofilm growth in media
- Lower footprint
- With AFM® flow velocity is up to 20m/h
- Conventional sand media flow velocity is up to 10m/h
- Lifetime of AFM® media 5x conventional sand media
- NORWAFLOC® directly implemented in existing treatment process
- Removes blood plates, fat and other organics
- Drastically reduce the demand of disinfectant
- Reclaiming valuable waste
- Biodegradable flocculant
- NORWAPOL implemented after disinfection step ensures that new strict regulations are met
- Superior efficiency in SS, Phosphorous, Nitrogen and COD removal
Land-based fish farming
Our oceans cover more than 70% of the earth and provides food for people across the globe. Pollution, overfishing and climate change are threatening natural fish stocks meaning aquaculture as a sustainable and efficient way to feed the growing population is becoming ever more important.
Wastewater treatment directly affects fish production and health as well as energy and water utilization, and demands for healthy and sustainable food sources are not coming only from consumers, but also from governments and authorities. Coming regulatory changes will lead to tightening restrictions regarding treatment and discharge, especially related to the discharge of microplastics.
Fish hatcheries and land-based fish farming
Our water treatment solutions provide significant benefits for inlet water, RAS water and RAS discharge wastewater.
Fish hatcheries and land-based fish farms benefit from a reduction of metals like iron, copper, manganese and aluminium from the inlet water, as well as removal of organics.
Research has documented that the fish grows faster, becomes stronger and healthier when grown in particle free water. These benefits continue to apply when the fish is transferred to cages in the sea for further growth.
We are able to achieve a substantially greater degree of particle filtration and thus significantly cleaner water for recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS). We obtain this by implementing filter systems comprising AFM® filter media.
This wastewater contains the residual from fish and excess food. This water is normally discharged directly into the ocean and fjords. The contamination to be removed is SS, Phosphorous, Nitrogen and Carbon.
M Vest Water supplies the NORWAPOL process which has proven to efficiently treat the wastewater to the strictest regulatory demands. The removed pollution becomes a valuable source for further reclamation in biogas processes and thereafter used as fertilizer.
This industry segment has recently faced stricter regulatory discharge limits adapted to the general standard in the EU. This imposes that currently used treatment systems has to be upgraded to include use of chemicals for enhanced flotation, and furthermore in most cases also the addition of a particle filtration step.
M Vest Water is well positioned to accommodate biodegradable flocculants and natural coagulants that solves the new challenge for the industry.
Our NORWAFLOC® product is dosed upstream of the flotation unit to obtain removal of oil, fat and blood plates.
We’re revolutionizing water treatment.
Get in touch to explore how you can achieve cleaner and more cost-effective wastewater treatment without the use of synthetics.