Polishing filtration process
NORWAPOL® is a proprietary and novel polishing process where NORWAFLOC® is added prior to automatic backwash media filtration vessels. The vessels include state-of-the-art activated filter media (AFM®), effectively multiplying the filtration performance.
NORWAPOL® delivers a groundbreaking, environmentally friendly solution, without the use of synthetic polymers, achieving close to complete removal of harmful components to the environment.
- Media alone removes 95% of particles larger than 4µm
- Combined with NORWAFLOC® media removes even dissolved molecular pollution and particles below 1 nm
- 300x surface area compared to traditional sand filters
- Amount of backwash water reduced by 50%
- 5x lifetime compared to traditional sand filters
- Up to 20 m/h flow velocity through media
Filters out particles below 1 nm
NORWAPOL® provides excellent performance when used in combination with NORWAFLOC®.
Combined with AFM® we can provide 300x the surface area compared to traditional sand filters, and are able to filter out particles below 1 nanometer in size, including a large number of dissolved molecular components, toxins and colloids.
NORWAPOL® is a particularly disruptive substitute for walnut shell filters. In many applications, NORWAPOL® is also a substitute for activated carbon filters and powdered activated carbon, and special versions of NORWAFLOC® captures and flocculates a large number of substances normally removed in activated carbon.
Being self-sterilizing, in addition to a lifetime up to 5x that of traditional sand filters, and a greatly reduced need for backwash water during the polishing process, ensures cost-effectiveness both in operation and implementation.
The media consists of crushed recycled glass and may after use be returned to factory for repeated recycle.
- Tertiary treatment step for removal of micropollutants
- Pre-treatment upstream membrane filtration
- Heavy metal removal from surface and ground water
- Substitute for walnut shell & modified clay filter, activated carbon filter, sand filter and cartridge filter
Filter media international certifications
- SO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018
- NSF-61 certified for use in drinking water treatment
- DWI (UK) Regulation 31 certification for potable water use
- European Water Directive (98/83/EC) & 80/778/EEC) compliant HACCP certified for use in food & beverage production
- EN-12902 and EN-12904 compliant
- IFTS (Institute of Filtration and Techniques of Separation) independently tested and verified filtration performance
Get in touch
Explore how you can achieve cleaner and more cost-effective wastewater treatment without the use of synthetics.