Polishing filtration process
NORWAPOL is a proprietary and novel polishing process where NORWAFLOC® is added prior to automatic backwash media filtration vessels. The vessels include state-of-the-art activated filter media (AFM®), effectively multiplying the filtration performance.
NORWAPOL delivers a groundbreaking, environmentally friendly solution, without the use of synthetic polymers, achieving close to complete removal of harmful components to the environment.
- Media alone removes 95% of particles larger than 4µm
- Combined with NORWAFLOC® media removes even dissolved molecular pollution and particles below 1 nm
- 300x surface area compared to traditional sand filters
- Amount of backwash water reduced by 50%
- 5x lifetime compared to traditional sand filters
- Up to 20 m/h flow velocity through media
Filters out particles below 1 nm
NORWAPOL provides excellent performance when used in combination with NORWAFLOC®.
Combined with AFM® we can provide 300x the surface area compared to traditional sand filters, and are able to filter out particles below 1 nanometer in size, including a large number of dissolved molecular components, toxins and colloids.
NORWAPOL is a particularly disruptive substitute for walnut shell filters. In many applications, NORWAPOL is also a substitute for activated carbon filters and powdered activated carbon, and special versions of NORWAFLOC® captures and flocculates a large number of substances normally removed in activated carbon.
Being self-sterilizing, in addition to a lifetime up to 5x that of traditional sand filters, and a greatly reduced need for backwash water during the polishing process, ensures cost-effectiveness both in operation and implementation.
The media consists of crushed recycled glass and may after use be returned to factory for repeated recycle.
- Tertiary treatment step for removal of micropollutants
- Pre-treatment upstream membrane filtration
- Heavy metal removal from surface and ground water
- Substitute for walnut shell & modified clay filter, activated carbon filter, sand filter and cartridge filter
Filter media international certifications
- SO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018
- NSF-61 certified for use in drinking water treatment
- DWI (UK) Regulation 31 certification for potable water use
- European Water Directive (98/83/EC) & 80/778/EEC) compliant HACCP certified for use in food & beverage production
- EN-12902 and EN-12904 compliant
- IFTS (Institute of Filtration and Techniques of Separation) independently tested and verified filtration performance
We’re revolutionizing water treatment.
Get in touch to explore how you can achieve cleaner and more cost-effective wastewater treatment without the use of synthetics.